For those who have not heard, early in the morning on October 2, we suffered the loss of Jerry Shepherd, Midtown's Center Director to a long battle with cancer. Many of you knew and loved Jerry and so we would like to share the below arrangments and invite you to honor his memory:
Jerry’s wake on Wednesday has been moved, in order to accommodate all of his visitors. For both the wake and funeral, please plan to park in the St. Mary of the Angels Church parking lot or on the streets nearby.
- WAKE: Wednesday, October 5, 11:30 AM – 9:00 PM. Jerry’s body will be in the St. Josemaría Chapel at St. Mary of the Angels Parish, 1850 N. Hermitage Ave., Chicago, IL 60622. The Chapel is downstairs. Enter the Chapel through the southeast door facing the Church parking lot. There will be a reception area with memorabilia and refreshments outside of the Chapel in the Church’s museum area.
During the Wake, there will be two prayer services in the Chapel:
· 4:30 PM, led by Fr. Peter Armenio
· 8:00 PM, led by Fr. Hilary Mahaney
- FUNERAL: Thursday October 6, 10:00 AM at St. Mary of the Angels, 1850 N. Hermitage Ave., Chicago, IL 60622.
- BURIAL: Immediately after the funeral, Queen of Heaven Cemetery, 1400 South Wolf Rd, Hillsdale, IL 60162.
In lieu of flowers, Jerry’s family asked that you consider making a donation to the Midtown Center for boys, 1819 N. Wood St., Chicago, IL 60622, www.midtown-metro.org/donate You may indicate that your gift is in honor of Jerry in the online donation form.
Finally, Northridge alumnus Michael O’Neill has been working hard on the website, www.jerryshepherd.org. Please visit the website and feel free to post your memories and photos of Jerry.