Metro Achievement Program (MAP)
- 7th grade: Tuesday nights (September 25-April 30)
- 8th grade: Thursday nights (September 27-May 2)
- Time: 5:15-8:00pm
- Cost: $250 for the entire school year
- To apply: Click 'Apply Online' below
Program Director: Taylor Bennett
312-226-4886, ext 233
Metro 7th & 8th Gr. School Year Application 2012-2013
For entering 7th-8th Grade girls
- Supplementary Classes: English and math courses are taught by trained instructors in small class setting.
- Study Hall: Students are provided with a time to complete individual homework with assistance from an instructor.
- Academic Boot Camps: Math Boot Camp and High School Entrance Exam Prep Sessions are offered on weekends at different points during the school year.
Every student attends Character Education class which concentrate on practically applying virtues (good habits) in their every day lives.
Additionally, each MAP student has an individually assigned Advisor (mentor) who offers advice and support to their student in academics and character development.
MAP offers nutrition and fitness classes in the Healthy Lifestyle program. The classes include Zumba, fitness, and cooking. The cooking class will be led by a representative from Lexington College, a hospitality management school.
Field trips for 7th and 8th graders include cultural excursions to plays, concerts, art exhibits, museums and local historic sites.
Because we believe parents are such a vital part of their child's education, Metro requires parental involvement in the program. A variety of events occur throughout the year to promote parent participation such as Parent Nights, the Annual Parent Conference, and the Family Brunch. For more information on the Parent Program, click here.
For information on the Midtown for boys program click here.