Help Chicago's Youth Through Your Estate Planning
Planned giving arrangements can benefit both donor and charity. Following are some popular giving options; please contact your attorney to learn more.
- Bequests - Name MEF in your will.
Sample language: "I hereby give and bequeath [name dollar amount or percentage of the residue of your estate] to Midtown Educational Foundation, located at 718 S. Loomis Street, Chicago IL 60607 (tax ID #36-3417278), or its successors-in-interest, to be used for general charitable purposes."
- Life insurance - You don't need a large estate to make a significant gift.
- Retirement Plan - Donate assets that are subject to heavy taxation, then leave more to your family.
- Charitable Lead Trust - An innovative way to pass appreciating assets on to family members while making gifts in the interim.
- Charitable Remainder Annuity Trust - Make a large gift and receive a fixed-income payout each year.
- Charitable Remainder Unitrust - Make a large gift and receive a flexible source of retirement income.
- Retained Life Estate - Receive a large deduction by donating a residence while retaining the right to live there for life.
Your legacy can help sustain MEF's work for generations to come. For details, please contact your attorney. To inquire about Estate Planning through MEF, please contact Jody Madler.
Jody Madler, Director of Major Gifts
p: (312) 738-8302 | e: Email Jody